My blog baby is barely a week old and has already been nominated for the Liebster Award! <does happy dance>
I’m so excited to have received this award from Kendra over at The Scarlet Journey. (If you haven’t checked out her blog you must! Kendra talks about health, wealth, family and shares touching words of wisdom to live by.)
So what is a Liebster Award? Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. It’s an award created by bloggers for bloggers as a way to support, promote and discover new blogs.
Whether or not this is recognized as an “official” award, I’m so happy to feel a sense of community, inclusion, and welcome among my fellow bloggers. All the lovely bloggers I’ve befriended so far (or have befriended me) are an amazing group of supportive and giving people!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you. (or however many they posted for you!)
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Questions given to me by The Scarlet Journey:
- Does your name hold any significant meaning? – Liane is my mother’s middle name. When my grandmother was pregnant with my mom, she saw the name on a movie billboard and loved the spelling. (I love the spelling too, but have had to correct people’s pronunciation many times!)
- What was the most important day of your life so far? – It’s hard to pick just one! SO, I’m not going to … The most important days have been the day of my baptism, my wedding day and the days my children were born.
- What is something you do (besides blog) for fun? – I’m an avid reader. One of my favorite past times is to sit on my back patio in the over-sized chair my husband built for me, drinking a glass of wine and reading a really good book. I also love to camp and hike in our gorgeous mountains, sing karaoke (karaoke is serious business in my family!), eat amazing real food, paint, start diy home projects and spend time with my family.
- How many children do you have/ how many do you want? – I have two – a boy and girl – and our family is complete!
- Flats or heels? – I’m kind of fond of heels cause they make me feel hella sexy, but in winter, I love my fuzzy, warm boots 🙂
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever gotten? – My mom once told me that I should never try to change people, it doesn’t work. You can influence, inspire, support and encourage, but change comes from within, and the only people we can control is ourselves.
- What is your dream job? – If I can make a full-time income blogging, that’s about as dream-job as it gets for me!
- If you had one wish (no wishing for more wishes!) what would you ask for? – (Dang it, I was gonna wish for more wishes . . .) I would wish for an immediate end to the wickedness and suffering we see around us in the world today.
- What would you consider the perfect weather? – Where I live, perfect days (to me) are around 70 degrees – not too hot, not too cold (and no snow!!)
- Favorite actor/actress. – Jennifer Lawrence is hilarious, I love her.
- What is the coolest place you’ve traveled to? – I actually haven’t traveled much, but one of the coolest in the US to me was the Grand Canyon – absolutely awe-inspiring.
11 Fun Facts About Me:
1. I have one kidney and a metal clamp around two fused vertebrae in my back (injuries from a car accident).
2. I can still do backbends (thanks, yoga!)
3. I played the flute in middle and high school and was in marching band (marching looks easier than it is!).
4. I LOVE to sing and have performed in competitions, shows and with bands over the years.
5. I’m Native American on my dad’s side.
6. I’m a total night owl, it’s getting pretty ridiculous (but as a busy mom it’s sometimes the only hours I get time to myself to think my own thoughts!)
7. I hate snakes, they creep me out. I won’t go running and screaming from them, but I definitely don’t want to hold one. Ever.
8. I’m the oldest of three kids.
9. My favorite color is green.
10. I have boxes and boxes of my writing accumulated throughout the years, including super angsty poetry from my teenhood (some of it’s actually pretty good!)
11. I’m an introvert (which is why blogging is really a stretch out of my comfort zone), but I love people and have always wanted to help and be of service to them in whatever way my skills lend themselves.
mommyneedssleep.com – a blog about crafts and motherhood
naturemamma.com.au – finding your balance as a mother and including self-care into your everyday routine
mimiandthesprouts.com – delicious, original vegan food recipes for the whole family
crystalscrafties.com – adorable crafts for every occasion
raisingfreckles.com – secrets of a stay at home mom
simplysortedliving.com – a blog about living minimally
healthymomontherun.com – follow Sarah as she blogs about healthy eating
Questions for my nominees:
- Who is your number one role model?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How long have you been blogging and what made you want to start a blog?
- What is your mantra or words to live by?
- When/where/how do you feel most fulfilled?
- What is one thing you’ve been putting off doing that you’ve always wanted to try?
- What does the perfect day look like for you?
- How would you describe yourself as a child?
- What are you an expert at?
- What is your favorite self-care practice?
I’m so excited to read everyone’s answers! It’s been so fun finding new blogs and connecting with other bloggers both new and seasoned. Please keep this going to show your love and support for the blogging community!
Hi! I’m Liane, mindset coach and holistic nutritionist in training. I have a passion for all things natural, healthy and holistic. My aim is to inspire you on your healthy living journey by sharing simple, everyday holistic habits that can transform your well-being and life.